Dr. V. Lekha
Dr. V. Lekha graduated MBBS from Medical College Alleppey and also completed her MS (General Surgery) there. She did her Fellowship of Minimal Access Surgery at the Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India. Dr. V. Lekha joined the Deprtament of General Surgery at Medical College, Alleppey after completing her primary medical qualifications. She then pursued her MS and after qualifying as a General Surgeon joined as Consultant in Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery at PVS Memorial Hospital, Kochi. Dr. V. Lekha moved here at VPS Lakeshore at 2003 as Senior Specialist and from 2005 is a full time Consultant here at the Department of GI Surgery & Liver Transplantation.
- Results of surgery for ulcerative colitis. Annual Conference of the Association of Surgeons of India, Thrissur, February 1999.
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in acute cholecystitis. Annual Conference Of Association of Surgeons of India, Thrissur, February 1999.
- Hilar Cholangiocarcinoma: results of parenchyma conserving hepatic resection. H Ramesh, Prakash K, A Venugopal, V Lekha, G Jacob. HPB Surgery (accepted manuscript NO 564).
- Primary tuberculous stricture of the oesophagus mimicking carcimona. Prakash. K, K. Kuruvilla, V Lekha, A Venugopal, G Jacob, H Ramesh. Tropical Gastroenterology: 2001;22(3):143-144.
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in acute cholecystitis: factors associated with conversion. Prakash. K, G. Jacob, V. Lekha, A. Venugopal, B. Venugopal, and H. Ramesh. Surgical endoscopy. 2002;16(1):180-183.
- Port-site Tuberculosis after laparoscopy. Ramesh H, Prakash K, Lekha V, Jacob G, Venugopal A, Venugopal B. Surg Endosc 2003 Mar 7; [epub ahead of print]
- Are Some Cases of Infected Pancreatic Necrosis Treatable without Intervention? Ramesh H, Prakash K, Lekha V, Jacob G, Venugopal A: Dig Surg 2003;20:296-300 (DOI: 10.1159/000071694)
- Biliary access loops for intrahepatic stones: results of jejunoduodenal anastomosis. Ramesh H, Prakash K, Kuruvilla K, Philip M, Jacob G, Venugopal B, Lekha V, Varma D. ANZ J Surg. 2003 May;73(5):306-12.
- Took part as faculty in the Surgical Workshop held as part of the annual conference of the Kerala Chapter of the Association of Surgeons of India, held at Matha Hospital, Kottayam in May 2003, where I demonstrated laparoscopic cholecystectomy and intraoperative cholangiography.
- Took part in the 3 days live surgert and didactic sessions course on Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery Training and Setting up A Bariatric Centre from 26-10-2009 to28-10 -2009 conducted by Dr Sasank Shah Director Laparo-obeso Centre Pune.
- Participated as a faculty in the laparoscopic bariatric surgery conference &work shop (Laparofit 2011) organized by Gem Hospital Coimbatore.