Dr. Mahesh S.
MS, DNB (Surgical Gastro)
Dr. Mahesh S completed his MBBS and MS from MG University and persued DNB(General Surgery). He then proceeded to work as an Assistant Professor in Genral Surgery at AIMS, Kochi. Dr. Mahesh S then joined here at VPS Lakeshore as a Registrar in the Department of GI Surgery & Liver Transplantation. During his service here, he also completed DNB(Gastroenterology Surgery). He then went on to become a Specialist and later Associate Consultant here.
- Abdominal compartment syndrome in emergency surgery for peritonitis.
- Effect of Frey’s procedure in the exocrine and endocrine functions of pancreas in patients with Tropical calcific pancreatitis.
- Coinvestigator in SAVE ABDO-0526 study- A phase II double blind placebo controlled, multicenter randomized control trial of Enoxaparin Versus the study drug in prevention of deep vein thrombosis in patients undergoing surgery for intra abdominal malignancy.( accrual completed)
- Coinvestigator in phase II double blind, placebo controlled multicenter adjuvant trial of efficacy, immunogenicity and safety of GI-4000( Inactivated recombinant S.Cerevisiae expressing mutant Ras protein combined with a Gemcitabine regimen versus Gemcitabine regimen with a placebo, in patients with post resection R0/R1 pancreatic cancer with confirmed Ras mutations.(continuing Follow up)
- Intussusception due to ileal metastases from renal cell carcinoma. Venugopal A, Mahesh S, Lekha V, Jacob G, Gandhi MD, Bedi MM, Sharma M, Jacob M, Ramesh H. Trop Gastroenterol. 2007 Jan-Mar;28(1):35-6
- Contributed to a Chapter In ECAB clinical update on Acute pancreatitis (2010)
- Arteriovenous malformation of the pancreatic head--difficulties in diagnosis and treatment. Sharma M, Bedi MM, Mahesh S, Gandhi MD, Antony R, Mukkada RJ, Lekha V, Ramesh H. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2011 Feb;30(1):46-8.. Review.
- What can be done when the cored specimen in a Frey procedure for chronic pancreatitis is reported as adenocarcinoma? Mahesh S, Lekha V, Manipadam JM, Venugopal A, Ramesh H. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2016 Nov;35(6):486-488. Epub 2016 Oct 26