Dr. George Jacob Earaly
Dr. George Jacob completed his MBBS from Medical College, Kottayam and went on to work at Mar Baselios Medical Mission Hospital, Kothamangalam where he was initiated into the specility of general surgery. Afterwards, during his service at PVS Memorial Hospital, Kochi he decided to specialise in GI Surgery and then proceeded to persue MS(General Surgery) at Medical College, Kottayam. He joined as Junior Consultant in the same hospital after MS and expanded his area of special interests into hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery, especially surgery for chronic pancreatitis. Dr. George Jacob moved here at VPS Lakeshore in 2003 as a Consultant in the Department of GI Surgery & Liver Transplantation.
- Bile duct injuries during Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy - Annual Conference of Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology (IASG), Madurai, September 1997.
- Resection versus drainage in pain relief for patients with Tropical pancreatitis, IASG, Madurai, September 1997.
- Icteric hepatoma - a report of three cases, presented to the Mid Term Conference of the Kerala Chapter of the Association of Surgeons of India (ASI) held in Perinthalmanna, Kerala in October 1997. Judged as the Best Short Paper of the conference.
- Klatskin tumours: factors affecting survival. Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG), Hyderabad, November 1997.
- Pancreatic head coring in chronic pancreatitis - in a Plenary Session at the above conference, November 1997.
- Long-term results following pancreaticoduodenectomy for Malignancy. Annual Conference of the ASI, Bangalore, December 1997.
- Pancreatic pseudoaneurysms: problems in management. Annual Conference of ASI, Bangalore, December 1997.
- Surgery for diverticular disease, Annual Conference of the Kerala Chapter of the ASI, in Kottayam, February 1998.
- Resection and end-to-end anastomosis of pancreas - a Technically feasible operation? Annual Conference of ASI Kerala Chapter, Kottayam, February 1998.
- Klatskin tumours - long term results of surgery. Annual Conference of the ISG Kerala Chapter, Kottayam, February 1998.
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in acute cholecystitis. Annual Conference of the ASI, Trichur, February 1999. Adjudged best short paper of the conference.
- Restorative Proctocolectomy for ulcerative colitis. Annual Conference of the ASI, Trichur, February 1999.
- Cholecystoduodenoplasty for perforated duodenal ulcer (correspondence) Indian Journal of Gastroenterology August 2001.
- Surgery for hilar cholangiocarcinoma: results with parenchyma-conserving liver resection. HPB Surgery (accepted for publication)
- Isolated duodeno-pancreatic dysgerminoma and its treatment by modified pancreaticoduodenal resection Digestive Surgery December 2001.
- Isolated esophageal tuberculosis mimicking carcinoma Tropical Gastroenterology October 2001.